The Bottom Line
- Very detailed, comprehensive stitching instructions.
- Instructions for left-handed beaders.
- Directions for working with fabrics and constructing your own beaded Crazy Quilts.
- A wide range of beautiful and simple beaded embellishment techniques.
- Twelve pages of reproducable stitching patterns and diagrams.
- Paper back binding makes it difficult to keep the book open while you work.
- Learn basic bead embroidery stitches from award-winning author and instructor Nancy Eha
- Take your bead embroidery skills to the next level with three-dimensional embellishments
- Instructions included for assembling and stitching your own beaded art quilt
Guide Review - Bead Creative Like Crazy: Beading Inspired by Crazy Quilts by Nancy Eha
In her third book about bead embellishment and beading on fabric, Nancy Eha draws inspiration from the Crazy Quilts of the Victorian Era.
The book begins with comprehensive information about basic beading and quilting tools and materials, and includes a short section on basic beading skills. Directions are included for several basic bead embroidery stitches and techniques that are used throughout the book.
Once you are comfortable with the basic bead embroidery stitches and techniques, Nancy launches you into beautiful beaded embellishment, three dimensional embellishments, chain stitches, fans, and decorative motifs. She's also included a fun pattern and instructions for stitching a beaded spider and spiderweb onto your fabric.
For the beginning quilter, there are great instructions for constructing your first decorative beaded quilt. For the beginning beader, there are a dozen pages of beaded embellishment patterns that can be reproduced for personal use. Nancy even includes special instructions for left-handed beaders to take some of the confusion out of the bead embroidery techniques.
This is a wonderful book, packed full of great instructions and information for anyone who wants to try beading on fabric. Nancy's style and instructions take the guesswork out of basic techniques and shows you step-by-step how to turn simple bead embroidery stitches into something spectacular. Beaders and quilters who want to make that leap into a new creative outlet will be delighted with her clear instructions and gorgeous projects.