We'll call these shoes "beach shoes" because everyone seems to have a different name for them: zorries, flip-flops, thongs, slippers, slaps, shower shoes, etc. The soles almost never wear out. Instead, the part that goes between the toes just snaps, leaving a perfectly good set of soles that cannot be worn! And of course it's always the same one of a pair, making "mix and match" of shoes from two different pairs a bit difficult. Grr. Sure they're inexpensive, but it's a bummer to have to waste them. So, why not give them a new life by making replacement straps? Beaded straps of course!
What You'll Need:
- One pair of flip-flops with decent soles. Use new ones if you want, they're not expensive.
- 6 buttons that fit inside the indentations in the soles of the shoes you plan to use. Metal or wood would probably work best. Each button should have 4 holes in it. The buttons in the pair pictured are regular shirt buttons.
- Seed and pony beads in colors of your choice.
- 8 crimp beads
- 4 yards of bead stringing wire (eg. Softflex brand beading wire)
- Crimping Tool
- Beading thread and needle.