Many local bead shops carry one or two models of wire frame or wood frame beading looms. Some big box stores also carry loom beading kits, often in the kids' section, which include an economical wire frame loom.
For other loomwork supplies, you may need to shop online. Here is a list of online suppliers recommended by Beadwork guides and readers, categorized by type of supply. You'll notice that many carry more than one type or brand of loomwork supply, but no single store carries them all.
Please report any broken links on this page in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bead and Bead Looms: Economical and fancy wood frame looms.
- Beadlooms.com: Economical wood frame looms.
- Fire Mountain Gems & Beads: Variety of economical looms plus Mirrix upright looms.
- Fusion Beads: Ojibwa "endless warp" looms.
- Land of Odds: Economical wire and wood frame looms.
- Mirrix: High quality metal upright looms (also used for fiber tapestry and wire).
- Fire Mountain Gems & Beads: English beading needles.
- Fusion Beads: English beading needles, Tulip beading needles, Tulip extra-long "loomwork" needles, economy Pony needles, and economy extra-long Pony needles.
- Kandra's Beads: Variety of beading needles good for loomwork.
- Land of Odds: English beading needles.
- Mirrix: Tulip extra-long beading needles.
Beading Thread and Cord
- Caravan Beads: C-Lon beading thread, micro cord, and beading cord.
- Charlene's Beads: Quilting thread for loomwork.
Ribbon Clamp Ends
Important: Remember that you cannot safely clamp these down on top of woven warp threads or beadwork, because the serration makes them too sharp. You should adjust them with nylon jaw pliers before attaching them, and then slide them on over glue. (We're still looking for a good supplier of non-serrated ribbon ends. If you know of one, please click the link below "Reader's Respond" at the bottom of this article and share!)
- Designer's Findings: Ribbon ends serrated on just one side.
- Fire Mountain Gems & Beads: Basic serrated ribbon ends.
- Twilight's Fancy on Etsy: Large variety of serrated ribbon ends.
- Fire Mountain Gems & Beads: FireFuse thread burner.
- Fusion Beads: Perfect End thread burner.
General Beading Supplies
Many of the stores in this list also carry general supplies that you'll need, such as thread conditioner (for unwaxed nylon beading thread), beading scissors, clasps, jump rings, and E6000 glue. You should be able to find them using the search function on each site.
You can also find E6000 glue at hardware stores. While you're there, be sure to pick up some masking tape for warping your loom using the winding method.
Disclosure: I received a free bottle of Magic Glos UV resin and a light kit from Lisa Pavelka to use in tutorials and projects in one of my recent jewelry making books. I occasionally use those same products here on About.