Make this beautiful Snowdrop Beaded Necklace using beads in the colors of moonlight on snow. An image of the completed Snowdrop Beaded Necklace is shown at right. Click on the image for a detailed imageof the beads and findings used in the necklace.
Here's what you need to make your own Snowdrop Beaded Necklace:
11 - 14 mm Glass Pearls,
12 - 6X10 mm Teardrop Beads,
24 - Size 3 (7 mm) Bugle Beads,
Opaque White AB.
48 - 4 mm Spacer Beads,
Silver (shiny, not antiqued).
1 - Silver Fish hook clasp set.
2 - Twisted Tornado Crimps.
2 - 10 mm pieces French Wire
18" Soft Flex Beading Wire
1. Begin making the Snowdrop Beaded Necklace by unwinding 18 inches of beading wire from your roll of Soft Flex Beading Wire. Do not cut the wire from the spool yet as you will string the beads onto the wire on the spool.
2. String one Silver Spacer bead, one Bugle Bead, one silver spacer, one Teardrop bead, one silver spacer bead, another bugle bead, one more silver spacer bead, then one large glass pearl.
3. Repeat the bead stringing sequence above above until all beads are on the Soft Flex wire.
4. With the wire still attached to the spool, place one Twisted Tornado Crimp and one piece of French Wire onto the Soft Flex wire.
5. Place one end of the Fish Hook Clasp over the piece of French Wire and pass the end of the Soft Flex wire back through the Twisted Tornado crimp.
6. Use your flat pliers to squeeze the Twisted Tornado crimp closed. Turn the crimp over and squeeze the other side to make it secure.
7. Leaving a tail of 4", cut the Soft Flex wire from the spool. Place the other Twisted Tornado Crimp and the other piece of French Wire onto the cut end of the Soft Flex wire.
8. Holding the cut end of the wire securely, let it drop down out of your hand and hang loosely for a moment so that the beads may settle into place. Use your other hand to make sure the glass pearls and beads are settled on to the wire and that there are no gaps in the wire between beads. Check the finished end to make sure the beads drop flush to that end and that there is no gap on the wire.
9. Turn the strand over and push the French Wire and Twisted Tornado crimp all the way down to rest against the silver spacer bead. Make sure there is no gap in the wire. Don't push it too tight or the wire will not have any "give" and the necklace will not hang properly.
10. Place the other end of the Fish Hook Clasp over the French Wire and pass it back through the Twisted Tornado Crimp. Pull it through and make sure there is no gap in the wire near the end of the necklace.
11. Use your flat pliers to flatten the Twisted Tornado Crimp. Turn the Crimp over and flatten it again on the other side to make sure it is secure.
12. Enjoy your Snowdrop Beaded necklace!