- Add a bead as you normally would.
- Skip the next space where you would add a bead; instead, pass your needle and thread through the space and pull tightly to pull the two beads close to each other.
- Add another bead as you normally would.
Repeat this until you have sealed up the ends of the Cellini spiral.
You can also leave the ends of the spiral open. To do this, simply run your needle and thread through all the "up" beads on either end of the spiral and pull tight to move the beads close to one another.
Ideas for Finishing:
- For an open Cellini spiral, try threading a piece of ribbon through it and tying the ends for an instant necklace.
- Use large bead caps on either end of the Cellini spiral, open or closed, to use it as a centerpiece or focal point for a beaded necklace.
- Use memory wire or beading wire to make a bracelet. Remember that because of the bul of the spiral, you will need to make the bracelet a little longer than you normally would to ensure that it wraps completely around the wrist.