- One color of size 8 seed beads (D)
- Two colors of size 11 seed beads (B) and (C)
- One color of size 11 Japanese cylinder beads such as Delicas, Treasures or Aikos (A)
- Beading thread
- Size 12 beading needle
- Wooden dowel or pencil (optional)
- Scissors or thread cutter
Cut a comfortable length of beading thread.
Pick up the following beads: 6 A, 2 B, 2 C, 2 D, 2 C, 2 D
Tie the beads into a ring and pass needle through the first two A.
At this point, you may want to slip the ring onto the wooden dowel or pencil to hold the beadwork until the spiral begins to take shape.