- 30" hand-dyed silk (the color used in the photos of the finished piece is the Blue/Plum Blend and the color used in the tutorial photos is the Smoke and Fire with Metallic Pink Edges color)
- 3mm Czech fire polished beads in three colors: Orchid, Alexandrite Luster and Amethyst; at least 50 of each color
- Czech glass button flower beads, approximately 5.5mm x 8mm in three colors: Amethyst, Amethyst Luster and Alexandrite; at least 20 of each color
- 10 grams of size 15 Japanese seed beads, Emerald lined Jonquil
- Nylon beading thread, size D, in color to match beads or silk
- Size 12 beading needle
- Chain nose or flat nose pliers (optional but helpful)
All beads, hand dyed silk and beading thread: Artbeads.com
If you plan on doing lots of embellishments, you will need greater quantities of beads than I have listed here. If you decide to do less embellishment, you will not need as many beads as I have listed here. It all depends on how you decide to embellish your necklace.
You might also want to add a second base row of seed beads after you have embellished the first to make a very thick, lush necklace. You should double the bead amounts listed above accordingly.
The necklace closes by tying the ribbon together in a bow. You can also add a clasp of your choice if you prefer.