I had originally planned to use this piece as the band for a bracelet with a large piece of turquoise in the middle, but as I neared the completion, I saw that the Spiral was just lovely all by itself. The colors I used remind me of the various hues of turquoise, and I love to work with any kind of white heart.
The bead progression on this piece is a bit different, too. I used a size 8/0 as the large bead, and my three bead combination consists of a 14/0, an 11/0 and a 14/0. This makes for a slightly closer weave, and does not cause the piece to curl or twist, but to be a smooth, tight weave. Here's what you need to make your own:
- Five (5) grams (approx.) Size 8/0 White heart Beads - Light Blue
- Five (5) grams (approx.) Size 11/0 beads - Clear, Turquoise lined seed beads
- Five (5) grams (approx.) Size 14/0 beads - Matte Black
- Two (2) - 10 mm (approx.) Turquoise nuggets
- One (1) - 10 mm Sterling Silver Fancy Toggle Clasp Set
- Nymo D - Light Blue
- Two (2) - 8 mm (approx.) long pieces of silver French Coil
- Start the bracelet according to these instructions, but instead of using 11/0 beads in the first row, use the 14/0's.
- Continue the pattern in the instructions, except at Step #7, use a 14/0 and an 11/0. Then at Step #8 use an11/0, a 14/0 and an 11/0. Maintain this pattern throughout the bracelet.
- When you have reached a length of 5 1/2 inches, or until you are 1 1/2 inches shorter that the wrist size, finish off according to the instructions, using the corresponding 11/0 and 14/0 beads as above.
- Using a new thread of Nymo, pass through the bead closest to the tip of the Spiral, and knot securely, leaving a 6" tail.
- Add one of the Turquoise nuggets, an 11/0 bead, a 14/0 bead and an 11/0 bead. See close up image below.
- Place the 8mm piece of French Coil onto the thread, and pass through the end of the toggle clasp.
- Pass back through the 11/0, 14/0 and 11/0 and the Turquoise nugget, coming out close to the thread that you added.
- Tie two overhand knots using the free thread and the tail you left. Secure with a dab of clear nail polish. Turn the piece over and repeat the knots on the other side, securing them with nail polish as well.
- Repeat from Step 4 above on the other side..