Chris Franchetti Michaels is a beader and craft book author. Her book Teach Yourself VISUALLY Beadwork is an illustrated guide to off-loom beadweaving for beginners.
All of Chris's books:
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Beadwork: Learning Off-Loom Beading Techniques One Stitch at a Time (Compare Prices)
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Jewelry Making & Beading (Compare Prices)
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY More Jewelry Making (Compare Prices)
- Wire Jewelry VISUAL Quick Tips (Compare Prices)
- Beading VISUAL Quick Tips (Compare Prices)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Selling Your Crafts (Compare Prices)
- Earrings VISUAL Project Guide (Compare Prices)
Chris has over a decade of experience designing beaded jewelry and helping new beaders learn the ropes. She appeared on several episodes of the show Jewelry Making on the DIY Channel, and her designs are featured in various project books. Her own book Teach Yourself VISUALLY Jewelry Making & Beading is a craft bestseller in the United States and has been translated into both Russian and Polish.
By Chris Franchetti Michaels:
I'm attracted to artisan beadwork for its ability to express emotion through eye-catching color and intricate textures on such a miniature scale, as well as its timeless contributions to fashion. The inspiration for many of my designs comes from mid-20th century modern decor and artwork, textile design from India and Morocco, and Russian and European folk tapestries. I look forward to exploring the world of beadwork with you here on About.com.